Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What Have You Done To Your Explorer ST Today

Loaded05

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Does your P3 gauge show trans fluid temp?
Yes, it shows boost, coolant temp, fuel temp, ethanol %, trans temp, throttle angle, AFR, RPM, timing, EGT, IAT, temp at MAF, temp after intercooler, battery voltage & accel, decel timers. It will display only one reading at a time, and will forget the max for each reading when you switch to another.

Reactions
Front end is off of the new 25' ST. You are looking at the very near future home of a hidded behind the grille, 22" dual row light bar!

Attachments

Suprawill1

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Reactions
Installed a Diode Dynamics Brakehitch light and K&N air filter.

Probably going to move to some suspension parts next. Looking at the subframe lockout kit and sway bar.

Is there a material difference between the Steeda and FenFAB subframe kits? Steeda looks part dependent based on which subframe you wound up with, whereas FenFAB is a one size fits all affair.
Did the brake hitch light work? I did it when they first came out with it and it triggered issues with the tow mode control. At that time it was only advertised for the F-150. Called Diode Dynamics and they acknowledged the issue and gave me a full refund. Checked again at least 6 months ago, and they said it still was not for the Explorer.

23 Explorer ST

Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
Did the brake hitch light work? I did it when they first came out with it and it triggered issues with the tow mode control. At that time it was only advertised for the F-150. Called Diode Dynamics and they acknowledged the issue and gave me a full refund. Checked again at least 6 months ago, and they said it still was not for the Explorer.
Mine works perfectly in my 23 ST. It doesn’t work on my 24 F-150 Lariat though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hfrog355

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Yep, no issues. Works as advertised.

V3nom3nom

Nurse
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Catch Can drained

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
95k miles so.... Serpentine belt changed. Replaced the belt tensioner and the two pulleys so I wouldn't have to revisit that again... NOT FUN.

Reactions
Hidden lightbar is installed and wired up complete. I went through the firewall rubber boot on the passenger side below the cabin air filter to pass the wires to the inside. That required removing the battery and the battery tray (complete PIA by the way). While I had the battery tray out, I added water drain holes in it and to the battery hold-down block as well. From there, I routed the wiring over to the drivers side and mounted the switch next to my trailer brake controller. The lightbar is wired through an ignition on power circuit in the fuse panel.

The 22" lightbar is mounted to 3" square x 1/4" thick walled aluminum tube pieces that I cut. These were needed to get the lighbar up to the height it needs to be at to pass light through the grille. The 3" aluminum square risers are drilled and mounted through the steel bumper with (2) 5/16" x 4 1/2" long stainless bolts each. Drilling through the bumper was a HUGE BITCH. It appears to be dual phase, 980 work hardened steel and it will destroy drills left and right. Drilling through the bumper was one of the largest issues I had. I do not recommend anyone try drilling through the bumper as I did!! My alternative suggestion would be to use (2) stainless U-bolts per each riser block that have the correct inside width and height of the bumper and that are also long enough to go through the riser blocks and allow washers and nuts to fully thread onto them.

I cut squares out of the radiator shroud so it would fit over the 3" risers. I also painted the risers for corrosion protection.

I need to wait until dark to aim the light bar up or down as needed before I put the front clip back on.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB
Just got XPEL XR Black ceramic 20% front doors and 70% everywhere else and also added the Smartliner cargo liner.

1725727122139.png

1725727139176.png

1725727165256.png

Reactions
Just got XPEL XR Black ceramic 20% front doors and 70% everywhere else and also added the Smartliner cargo liner.

View attachment 25053

View attachment 25054

View attachment 25055
Wow, that liner looks much better than my Weathertech. I like that it covers the 3rd row cup holders. We’ve opened the 3rd row once to be sure they worked. Other than that it’s strictly cargo. Those cup holders collect so much crap. Time to update the cargo liner.

Reactions
Vehicle
25 Explorer ST & 21 F150 PB

Loaded05

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Installed the Steeda rear sway bar and adjustable end links.

steeda sway bar.jpg

Reactions
Installed the P3 Gauge. IMHO it should have come with a boost gauge. Or at least an option in screens. But this provides additional information as well. Not to mention the 0-60 is a bit of fun. IMG_7551.jpeg

Attachments

Diamondave

Reactions
Last edited:

Explorer ST Posts