Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

What is this doodad?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I got into my ST after my young child jumped all over the front seats for half an hour, and when I closed my door it sounded like something exploded. I found this by the driver seat, against the door area.

what the heck is this?

Attachments

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I believe the technical name is “why you don’t let kids jump on your seats”

powerboatr

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
i would take a gander under the seat and see if a wire support or the other half is stuck somewhere

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
"Daddy's reason for a vasectomy " .... :ROFLMAO:
so true.
We’re on a road trip right now so many concessions have to be made. The ole ST will get a good cleaning soon enough.
I’ll check under the seats tomorrow and report back if I can find anything

Reactions
Just a shot in the dark but maybe a air hose isolator for power lumbar system?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Something broke and with dumb luck, might not be cheap either. Check if all the features for your seat work. Searching that PN, the only thing that matches it, is something for the lumbar support. If everything works and you're still curious, it might be best to just remove the seat and flip it over to see what looks broken/off.

Jetiemann

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
When looking up the part number on the part, it doesn't bring anything specifically up, but does direct me towards the motors under the seat. May be a good place to start looking.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10
Thanks guys. A quick look didn’t reveal anything but I will have to really search in the next couple of days. We’re on a road trip.

my kid was horse playing while I went into a restaurant to get takeout. Thanks, kid

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I got into my ST after my young child jumped all over the front seats for half an hour, and when I closed my door it sounded like something exploded. I found this by the driver seat, against the door area.

what the heck is this?
Although not sure as to the actual part itself, I have owned many, many, similar parts, which I refer to as "so glad I let my kids be kids before they grew up way too fast" parts. Yeah, kids break stuff and are expensive, but they are worth every penny.

OP
C
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #12
Yeah, kids break stuff and are expensive, but they are worth every penny.
This, exactly. I’m teaching my children discipline and respect, but giving them every ounce of love and compassion and patience that I have. The ST is great and I love it a ton, but it means nothing compared to my children’s upbringing