Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Will there be an Explorer RS?

msokes9

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
My brother has a 2018 Grand Cherokee and it’s crazy to think they can stuff a 6.2l v8 with a blower on it, (referring to Trackhawk) in a smaller vehicle. I feel like Ford could figure it out one way or another if they put their minds to it. I do agree though, it would be for a very niche market of people. Definitely would grab the attention of Trackhawk owners and if it became a reality. I saw Dodge is offering the Durango Hellcat for one more year. That’s the only car in the market that stands in it own class now that the Trackhawk is discontinued. I think Ford should do a limited production run with it but that’s just my opinion.

BrooseDaMoose

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
My brother has a 2018 Grand Cherokee and it’s crazy to think they can stuff a 6.2l v8 with a blower on it, (referring to Trackhawk) in a smaller vehicle. I feel like Ford could figure it out one way or another if they put their minds to it. I do agree though, it would be for a very niche market of people. Definitely would grab the attention of Trackhawk owners and if it became a reality. I saw Dodge is offering the Durango Hellcat for one more year. That’s the only car in the market that stands in it own class now that the Trackhawk is discontinued. I think Ford should do a limited production run with it but that’s just my opinion.
They can do it they just won't! They stuffed the 4.6L in the 2002-2005's! There's no way the coyote is going to fit but there are other options. But look what people are doing with what we do have! They are north of 700Hp now, with a 3.0L V6! I also belong to the Ford Ranger forums and people wanted the V8 Ranger but Ford just wouldn't do it. They built the Ranger Lightning Bolt but never put it into production. It was just a tease!

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
They can do it they just won't! They stuffed the 4.6L in the 2002-2005's! There's no way the coyote is going to fit but there are other options.
The first generation lincoln aviator which was a twin to the 02-05 explorer got a 4.6 with 4v heads which is basically the grandfather to the coyote. Also the 06-10 also got a 4.6, but with 3v heads rated at 292 hp

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If this happened, hello $100,000 Explorer.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
No, maybe 85K, but not 100.