Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Zfg tuner question

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
So i recently sold my explorer st, i made sure to return to stock prior to sale. If i give my tuner to a family member are they able to use it now?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
HP Tuners devices can be used on multiple vehicles at once. You have to buy the credits for the other vehicles and specific tunes for them.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
So i recently sold my explorer st, i made sure to return to stock prior to sale. If i give my tuner to a family member are they able to use it now?
You could use the device on other vehicles, but you have to get another tune and more credits.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Did the dealer know it was previously tuned? I talked to a salesman today and said regardless they can look at the key cycles and know it was tuned. This giving you auction price for trade in. Don’t know if it’s true but……wondering if anyone else has traded in a tuned vehicle.

2020FordRaptor

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Did the dealer know it was previously tuned? I talked to a salesman today and said regardless they can look at the key cycles and know it was tuned. This giving you auction price for trade in. Don’t know if it’s true but……wondering if anyone else has traded in a tuned vehicle.
The dealer would know if they looked close enough but I don’t think they’d look that close on a trade in unless there were a lot of aftermarket parts that could deem a tune possible.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Well when you’re lowered and aftermarket exhaust hard to not know that you’re tuned lol …but I hear what you’re saying

Reactions
I traded my 2020 with a ZFG 93 oct. Tune and I told the salesman it was tuned. The sale and price were already decided. I had 94,500 miles on the ST. He seemed pretty excited about it.

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I traded my 2020 with a ZFG 93 oct. Tune and I told the salesman it was tuned. The sale and price were already decided. I had 94,500 miles on the ST. He seemed pretty excited about it.
How much did they give you on your trade?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ex Platinum
Tell them you took your battery out to recharge it if they ask.

Battery removal resets key cycles also.

Explorer ST Posts