Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Zurich Shield - Warranty, Product or Both?

Reactions
Vehicle
2025 Explorer ST
So I read through the detailed documents I had for ZurichShield that I added and then came across people putting cleaning products labelled Zurich Shield on their cars. Would the dealer have put the products on my car? Is the warranty something different than the product? The flyer for the elitePlus says there's an external sealant and an interior fabric sealant. Is this something only my dealer could answer?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
These paint protection warranties are mostly useless IMO. Sealants only last anywhere from 3-6 months, IF it was done properly and washed properly. If you go through automatic or touchless car washes, those can strip the sealant or weaken it significantly. The only long-lasting products for paint protection are ceramic coatings and PPF. Even those products still require proper maintenance for best performance.

Their real advantage is if you ever get water spots, bird poop, tree sap, etc, that has etched into the paint and the warranty might cover it. But, the quality of work depends on the detailer contracted to do the job. Make sure to read the fine print on what is covered and what is not. Typically you have 30 days from the time of the incident to file a claim, I have seen where people waited and were denied.

My in-laws years ago decided to go against my advice and purchased one of these Zurich protection packages. They also received a care package with sealant, car soap, interior cleaner, and glass cleaner from Zurich. They gave it to me and I still have it somewhere in the basement lol..