Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Flat tire

Reactions
Vehicle
2024 Explorer ST
New here. Just sent out my into post. I have a question. 350 mile on new car. Got a flat. Can I plug these tires? I know these tires are rated for higher speeds. Not sure of the safe ability of a plug. Any help would be appreciated.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
You can plug them. Close to the shoulder/side wall, no. I've run plugs permanently in other vehicles but it's advised they're just a temporary solution until you can get the tire patched properly.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
New here. Just sent out my into post. I have a question. 350 mile on new car. Got a flat. Can I plug these tires? I know these tires are rated for higher speeds. Not sure of the safe ability of a plug. Any help would be appreciated.
If it was a nail, It depends on where it is. The tire shop will tell you if it’s safe to plug the tire. If it’s in the tread and not to big, it’s perfectly fine to plug it. If it’s near the sidewall and/or a big nail then you shouldn’t plug it.