Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D 2.5" vs. 3"

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Does anybody else’s Thermal 3” make a pop noise here and there? Think it happens when you let go of the gas. I like it, don’t get me wrong, but is it normal?
Yes! And it gets even more burble-y with different tunes. 3inch Thermal is the best on these rides

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yes! And it gets even more burble-y with different tunes. 3inch Thermal is the best on these rides
Heck yeah! I love it. With CVF Downpipes it’s mean. My factory (probably everybody else’s too) DP failed and flex pipe failed so had to upgrade and am very impressed with the 3”. I’ve had them on for almost 2 months and had tons of compliments.

Polizi212

U.S. Army Veteran
Firefighter/EMT
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Does anybody else’s Thermal 3” make a pop noise here and there? Think it happens when you let go of the gas. I like it, don’t get me wrong, but is it normal?
My 2.5" Thermal will do that on occasion.

Reactions
Vehicle
'20 Raptor, '22 Explorer ST, '14 GT500, '03 F150
Totally normal. It’s the excess fuel from the cylinder being extinguished.